Dr. B. Anand Ronald
Dr. B. Anand Ronald M.E.,Ph.D
Dr. B. Anand Ronald, did B.E (Mechanical) from Karunya Institute of Technology, M.E in Production Engineering (Distinction) from Annamalai University and Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Madras, in the area of Grinding of Metal Matrix Composites.
He has won best paper award for his paper entitled ““Influence of reinforcement particle size on the grindability of Aluminium based Metal Matrix Composites” at the International Conference TEAMTECH 2007, held at IISc, Bangalore. During his Ph.D, he has presented a technical paper in Malaysia in the International Conference on Manufacturing Science and Technology –ICOMAST, in August 2006. He is recognized Ph.D supervisor of Anna University, Chennai. He is a member of The Institution of Engineers (India).
He is Principal Investigator for the Department of Science and Technology (DST) funded project on “Magnetic Moulding of Al/ SiCp Metal Matrix Composites” under Start- up Research Grant (Young Scientists) – No. SB/ FTP / ETA – 67/ 2013 for 9.26 Lakhs/ 3 years.
He has contributed for an Invited Book Chapter: B.Anand Ronald, L.Vijayaraghavan and R.Krishnamurthy, Grinding of Metal Matrix Composites, In Paulo Davim (Ed.) Machining of Metal Matrix Composites, Springer – Verlag Publishers, 99 – 118, 2012.
Areas of interest: Metal Cutting, Condition Monitoring in Machining, Advanced Materials Processing, Metal Matrix Composites
o Has around 11 years of experience including 5.5 years of research experience
o Has 7 international journal papers and 13 conference papers to his credit
PG: Polymers and Composite Materials, Manufacturing Metrology & Quality Control,
UG: Applied Hydraulics and Pneumatics, Basic Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Graphics.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS:
INVITED BOOK CHAPTER
1. B. Anand Ronald, L.Vijayaraghavan and R.Krishnamurthy, Grinding of Metal Matrix Composites, In Paulo Davim (Ed.) Machining of Metal Matrix Composites, Springer – Verlag Publishers, 99 – 118, 2012.
REFEREED INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS:
1. B. Anand Ronald, L.Vijayaraghavan and R.Krishnamurthy, “Studies on the Influence of Grinding Wheel Bond Material on the Grindability of Metal Matrix Composites”, Materials and Design, Publisher: Elsevier, Vol. 30, pp.679 – 686, 2009. (doi:10.1016/j.matdes.2008.05.038) (Cited by: 24)
2. B. Anand Ronald, L.Vijayaraghavan and R.Krishnamurthy, “Chip morphology – An indicator of response of composite material to grinding”, International Journal of Materials and Product Technology, special issue on “Experimental and Numerical Studies on Machinability of Materials”, Publisher: Inderscience, Vol. 37, No. 1/ 2, pp.71 – 82, 2010. (DOI: 10.1504/IJMPT.2010.02946)(Cited by: 1)
3. B. Anand Ronald, L.Vijayaraghavan and R.Krishnamurthy, “Surface quality of metal matrix composites ground with conventional SiC wheel”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science, Vol. 1(2), December 2008, pp.151 – 154.
4. B. Anand Ronald, L.Vijayaraghavan and R.Krishnamurthy, “Studies on Grooving of Dispersion Strengthened Metal Matrix Composites”, Materials Forum, Journal of Materials Australia, Vol.31, pp.102-109, 2007. (Cited by: 1) (http://www.materialsaustralia.com.au/lib/pdf/mf16.pdf)
5. B. Anand Ronald, L.Vijayaraghavan & R.Krishnamurthy, “Grinding of Al/ SiCp Metal Matrix Composites, With Diamond Wheels of Varying Grit”, Journal of Machining and Forming Technologies. Vol.1, Issue 3 -4, pp. 221 – 236, 2009.
6. B. Anand Ronald, L.Vijayaraghavan & R.Krishnamurthy, “Temperature Measurement during Grinding of Metal Matrix Composites”, International Journal of Machining and Machinability of Materials, Spl. Issue on “Machining of Aerospace Materials”, Inderscience Publishers, Vol. 13, No. 2/3, pp. 253 – 261, 2013. (DOI: 10.1504/IJMMM.2013.053226) (Cited by: 2)
7. S. Gokul, J. Niranjan, H.A. Gopalakrishnan, B. Anand Ronald, S. Vijayan, N. Arunachalam, “Influence Of Steel Shot Size On The Properties Of Magnetic Moulded Aluminium Alloy”, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Research, Vol. 4, No. ¾, 2012, Nova Science Publishers, pp.173 – 180.
8. R. Clifford Benjamin Raj, B. Anand Ronald, A. Velayudham and Prasmit Kumar Nayak, “Hole Accuracy During Deep Hole Drilling for Hydraulic Cylinder Application”, Advanced Materials Research, Vols. 984 – 985, 2014, Trans Tech Publishers, pp. 67 – 72.