Dr. R. Ramaprabha
Dr. R. Ramaprabha B.E., M.E., PhD.
Dr. R. Ramaprabha, Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has 17 years of teaching experience including 10 years of research experience. She obtained her B.E (ECE) degree and M.E. (Power Electronics and Drives) degree from Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli and PhD from Anna University, Chennai.
Her area of specialization is solar photovoltaic systems. Other areas of research include power electronic interface for solar PV systems and control aspects in renewable energy interfaces. She is a recognized supervisor of Anna University and she is guiding 12 PhD students including 4 full-time candidates.
During her PhD she developed “Solar Energy Research Lab” which is in the east wing of EEE department with internal funding. She completed an internal funded project “Efficient Energy Utilization of Solar PV Array under Partial Shadow” of Rs.9.19 lakhs (funded by SSN Trust). She has published 76 research publications in international journals, 75 papers in the proceedings of refereed international conferences and 27 papers in National conferences.
She has delivered Lecture & Tutorial sessions on PSPICE in National level workshops and guest lectures. She delivered invited lectures, keynote addresses and chaired technical sessions in Indian/Foreign international conferences. She coordinated 13 National level Workshops, organized 3 National conferences and 1 International conference.
She received best teacher award for the academic year 2009-2010 and 2010-2011. She received “IET CLN Sir C. V. Raman Research Award 2014” in IET Chennai Network Achievements Awards 2014 function by IET (The Institution of Engineering and Technology). Her name is included in the 30th, 32nd and 33rd Editions of Marquis Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, USA.
She is a review board member for many reputed international journals include International journal on IET Renewable Power Generation, IET Power Electronics, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, International journal on Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory (Elsevier Publications), International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems (Elsevier Publications), International journal on Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews (Elsevier Publications), International journal on Renewable Energy (Elsevier Publications), etc.
She is senior member of IEEE and life member of ISTE. She is SSN-IEEE Student Branch Counselor from Jan 2015.
She has published the following books/book chapters:
- R Hemalatha , R Ramaprabha and S. Radha – Chapter contribution, “ Chapter 25 -Modeling of Photovoltaic Charging System for the Battery Powered Wireless Sensor Networks”, in the book “Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering 150” Springer Science Business Media New York, Springer New york Heidelberg Dordrecht, London, 2013. [ISBN:978-1-4614-3362-0; ISBN (e-book):978-1-4614-3363-7; ISSN: 1876-1100; ISSN (electronic): 1876-111]
- R. Seyezhai and R. Ramaprabha “Power Electronics for Renewable Energy Systems” SCITECH Publications Pvt. Ltd. (ISBN: 978-81-8371-713-7), India, May 2015.
She has completed one internal funded project. Now she has one internal funded and one external funded (DST WOS A) project in her credit. The project details are:
Completed/Ongoing Funded Project details:
1. Title: Efficient Energy Utilization of Solar PV Array under Partial Shadow
Funding Agency: SSN Trust
Investigators: Dr. B. L. Mathur & R. Ramaprabha
Duration: 2009 – 2012
Amount: 9.19 lakhs
2. Title: Design and development of efficient Building integrated PV system under partial shaded conditions
Funding Agency: SSN Trust
Investigators: Dr. R. Ramaprabha and Ms. S. Malathy
Duration: 2013 – 2016
Amount: 3.5 lakhs
3. Title: Design and Development of Flywheel based Power Conditioning System for a Renewable energy fed
Funding Agency: Department of Science and Technology (DST) under Women Scientists Scheme (WOS-A)
Investigators: Dr. R. Ramaprabha as Scientist Mentor for the full-time Research scholar Ms. M. Vijayalakshmi
Duration: 2014 – 2017
Amount: 20 lakhs
Google Scholar Citations: Click here