Dr. N.Pandiarajan B.E.,Msc(Engg), MBA., Ph.D.
Dr.N.Pandiarajan, Professor in Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has over 20 years of industrial and 15 years of teaching and research experience.
He received his B.E (EEE) degree (1975) with first class and M.Sc (Engg) in Power Systems Engineering (1977) with first class from Thiagarajar College of Engg, Madurai – Kamaraj University, Madurai. He obtained M.B.A with Finance Management specialisation from Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi. (2002). He has done his Ph.D. at SSN College of Engineering, Anna University (2014).
The title of his Research Thesis is “Development of the Circuit Model for the Photovoltaic Module and its Applications”.
He joined SSNCE in 2000 and is currently Professor in EEE Department. His areas of interest are: Photovoltaic Power Systems and Renewable Energy Systems, Power Electronics, Electrical Machine Design and all other EEE subjects. His special interests also includes Principles of Management, Total Quality Management, Engineering Economics, Professional Ethics and has handled courses in these areas.
His conference publication at SSN College of Engineering, “Mathematical modeling of photovoltaic module with SIMULINK” available at IEEE explorer web site has recorded 1506 paid(at $26) down loads, 18,000 free downloads at Research Gate and has 42 Citations. This work has more of teaching flavour and serves as a guide in photovoltaic modelling with MATLAB. It shows the Global presence of PV Research at SSN College of Engineering.
He is an active member of IEEE and life member of the Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE).
Publications in Journals and Conferences
1) C.Bala Murali Krishna and N.Pandiarajan,”Analysis and Performance Enhancement of Photovoltaic systems at Higher Temperatures”, in Proceedings of the Third National Conference on “Power Electronics and Renewable Energy Systems (PEARES-2015), SSN College Of Engineering, Chennai, India, Feburary,2015.
2) Anitha R Carol and N.Pandiarajan , ” Design and Development of an Inverter for PV System with a Half Bridge DC-DC Converter ” in Proceedings of the Third National Conference on “Power Electronics and Renewable Energy Systems (PEARES-2015), SSN College Of Engineering, Chennai, India, Feburary,2015.
3) V.Durai Raj and N.Pandiarajan , “Design and Analysis of SEPIC Converter in PV Based Battery Charging Application”, in Proceedings of the Third National Conference on “Power Electronics and Renewable Energy Systems (PEARES-2015), SSN College Of Engineering, Chennai, India, Feburary,2015.
4) Pandiarajan, N., Ashwin Kumar Sahoo and Muthu, R. “Simulink Circuit Model of a Thin-film PV Module and its Validation”, Wulfenia Journal, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp 213 – 230, April 2013.
5) Pandiarajan, N. and Muthu, R. “Performance Improvement of PV Module at Higher Temperature Operation” IRACST – Engineering Science and Technology: An International Journal (ESTIJ) Vol. 2, No. 5, pp. 894-900, October 2012.
6) Pandiarajan, N., Ramaprabha, R. and Muthu, R. “Application of Circuit Model for Photovoltaic Energy Conversion System”, International Journal of Photoenergy, Article ID 410401, 2012. (Impact Factor – 1.769, Annexure – I, S. No. – 3858)
7) Pandiarajan, N. and Muthu, R. “Development of Power Electronic Circuit Oriented Model of Photovoltaic Module,” International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 118–127, 2011.
8) Pandiarajan, N. and Muthu, R. “Mathematical modeling of photovoltaic module with SIMULINK,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Electrical Energy Systems (ICEES ’11), SSN College Of Engineering, Chennai, India, Jan, 2011.
9) Pandiarajan, N. and Muthu, R. “Load matching approach in PV systems” Proceedings of the TIMA 2009, MIT Campus, Anna University, Chennai, 2009.
10) Pandiarajan, N. and Muthu, R., “Viability analysis on photovoltaic configurations,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Region 10 Conference (TENCON ’08), Hyderabad, India, November 2008.