Dr. R.Seyezhai B.E., M.E., Ph.D
Dr.R.Seyezhai, Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has 17 years of teaching and research experience including 9 years of research experience in Power Electronics and Renewable Energy Systems. She received her B.E. from Manonmaniam Sundaranar University in 1996 and M.E in Power Electronics & Drives from Bharathidasan University in 1998 and Ph.D from Anna University, Chennai.
During her Ph.D. she developed a prototype of SiC based hybrid cascaded multilevel inverter employing a novel modulation technique for fuel cell Power Conditioning System (PCS). She is the recognized supervisor of Anna University, Chennai and currently guiding 12 Ph.D scholars working on Multilevel Inverters for photovoltaic applications, Solar Electric vehicle, Interleaved Boost Converter for PV, SiC based DC-DC Converter for Photovoltaic applications, Luo Converters, Active power factor correction circuits, Z-source inverter for PV, Hybrid Electric Vehicles and Power converters for Telecommunications.
She has published over 140 research publications in referred International Journals and 130 in International and National Conferences. She has reviewed more than 200 technical papers, served as reviewer and editorial board member for more than 20 journals published by different bodies She has served on roughly 30 conference and workshop program committees. She has delivered invited lectures, Keynote addresses and Chaired technical sessions in various international conferences. (Google Scholar Citations : 407, h-index : 10, i-10 index : 13)
She has received the BEST ACADEMIC RESEARCHER AWARD for the year 2015 from The Association of Scientists, Developers and Faculties on Dec.30th, 2015 in the Global Awards 2015.She has received the Bharat Jyothi award in 2012 from the International Friendship society, New Delhi for outstanding contribution to student’s community. She received best teacher award for the academic year 2013-14, 2012-13, 2004-2005 and the CTS Best Faculty Award for the year 2012-13.
She has developed ‘Renewable Energy Conversion Laboratory’ in the west wing of EEE Department, SSNCE with the help of external and internal funding. She is in the editorial board and reviewer board of several referred international journals. She is an active member in IEEE, secretary for IEEE-PELS, Madras Chapter and life member in ISTE.
1. R.Seyezhai and R.Ramaprabha, “Power Electronics for Renewable Energy Systems”, Scitech Publications, 2015.
2. R.Seyezhai and A.Bharathi Sankar, contributed a chapter on “Multilevel Inverter for BLDC Drives” in the textbook titled, “Advances in Control and Mechatronics Systems – Vol-1, 2016, United Scholars Publications, USA.
Major R & D Projects
- Design of silicon carbide based hard switched DC-AC Power Converter”, 2007-2010 – AICTE – Rs. 5 Lakhs.
- Design and Development of Z-source cascaded Multilevel Inverter for photovoltaic applications, 2013-16, AICTE, RPS, Rs.24.5 Lakhs.
- Solar Powered Electric Vehicle using BLDC Drive, 2013-16, Rs.4.5 Lakhs, SSN Management.