Dr. Ashwin Kumar Sahoo
Dr. Ashwin Kumar Sahoo M.E., Ph.D.
Dr. Ashwin Kumar Sahoo, Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has 20 years of teaching & research experience and 2 years of Industrial experience.
He received his AMIE (Electrical Engineering) degree from Institution of Engineers, M.E. (Power Systems) from College of Engineering, Guindy (CEG), Anna University and Ph.D. from Madras Institute of Technology (MIT), Anna University.
He has published over 24 research publications in refereed international journals and in proceedings of international and national conferences. His areas of research interests are FACTS, Power quality, Power System Control and Stability, Protection of Micro Grid, Energy storage (SMES) and Challenges in large scale integration of renewable energy sources.
He is in the review panel of many International journals like Energy Policy – Elsevier journal, Electric Power Components and Systems, International Journal of Ambient Energy – Taylor & Francis group, Asian journal of control – John Willy Publication, Journal of Electrical and Electronics Research – Academic journals, International journal of Physical Science, International Journal of Power and Energy Conversion, Inderscience and also reviewed papers for many IEEE conferences.
He has organized many workshops, FDPs, seminars, conferences and IEEE Student congress for the benefits of staff and students.
He is a senior member of IEEE and life member of Indian Society of Technical Education ISTE). He was the IEEE Branch counselor, SSN Student branch for a period of 15 years (2000 -2014) and responsible for growth of ieee members and activity in the campus. He is the recipient of Outstanding Volunteer Award from IEEE and Best teacher award from SSN Institutions.
Google scholar citations: Click Here
1. Ashwin Kumar Sahoo and Thyagarajan, T. “Modeling and Analysis of Custom Power Devices in Distribution Network to Improve Power Quality”, International Journal of Distributed Energy Resources, Germany, ISSN 1614 – 7138, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 189-207, July – September 2010.
2. Ashwin Kumar Sahoo and Thyagarajan, T. “Transient Studies of FACTS and Custom Power Equipment”, International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering, Academy Publisher, Finland, ISSN 1797 – 9617, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 81-86, May 2009.
3. Ashwin Kumar Sahoo, Dash, S. S. and Thyagarajan, T. “An Improved UPFC Control to Enhance Power System Stability”, Modern Applied Science, Canadian centre for science and education, ISSN 1913 – 1844, Vol. 4, No. 6, pp. 37-48, June 2010.
4. Ashwin Kumar Sahoo and Aswin Gautham D, “ An Adaptive Fuzzy Logic Controller for Load Frequency Control of a Distributed Grid Systems” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research Volume 10, Number 1 (2015) pp. 1591-1604, ISSN 0973-4562
5. Pramod Kumar Gouda, Ashwin Kumar Sahoo, and P. K. Hota ,“ Optimal Power Flow Including Unified Power Flow Controller in a Deregulated Environment” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research Volume 10, Number 1 (2015) pp. 505-522, ISSN 0973-4562
6. Ashwin Kumar Sahoo, N Mohanty, M Anupriya “Modeling and Simulation of Superconducting Magnetic Energy Storage Systems” in International Journal of Power Electronics and Drive System (IJPEDS) Vol. 6, No. 3, September 2015, pp. 524~537 , ISSN: 2088-8694.
7. Ashwin Kumar Sahoo, Dash, S. S. and Thyagarajan, T. “Power Flow including FACTS devices”, Journal of Applied Science, Singapore, ISSN 1812-5654, Vol. 10, No. 15, pp. 1563-1571, 2010.
8. Sarat Kumar Sahoo, Ashwin Kumar Sahoo and Razia Sultana, “LabVIEW Based Speed Control of DC Motor using Modulus Hogging Approach”, European Journal of Scientific Research, ISSN 1450-216X Vol.68 No.3, pp. 367-376, 2012
9. Pramod Kumar Gouda, Ashwin Kumar Sahoo, and P. K. Hota ,“Modeling and simulation of UPFC using PSCAD/EMTDC”, International Journal of Physical Sciences, Vol. 7(45), pp. 5965-5980, 30 November, 2012, DOI: 0.5897/IJPS12.398, ISSN 1992 – 1950 ©2012, Academic Journals