Dr.V. Rajini B.E., M.E., Ph.D.
Dr.V.Rajini, Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has 22 years of teaching and research experience including 4 years of research experience in polymeric insulating materials at Anna University
She received her BE and M.E( University Rank1) degrees in Electrical Engineering from Annamalai University and Ph.D in High Voltage Engineering from Anna University.During her Ph.D, she has worked on various polymeric insulating materials (outdoor/indoor) under aggravated service conditions. This includes testing them under nuclear irradiation conditions also. This work was partially supported by SSN Trust.
She has published over 80 research publications in referred journals and international conferences. She has completed three projects funded by SSN Trust and AICTE.She is currently guiding 10 Ph.D scholars working on Insulating materials, High voltage applications in Process Technologies, Hybrid Electric Vehicles, Power Electronics for HV applications, Solar photovoltaic and wind energy systems
She has received Best paper awards in various conferences , Best teacher awards and CTS – SSN Best Faculty Award – 2011. She has organized several conferences both at the national and international levels. She is a senior member of IEEE and Life member of ISTE.
1. Principal Investigator -Risk/Reliability assessment of composite insulators- SSN Trust – Rs 11 Lakhs.(2006-2009)
2. Co investigator – Preparation & Characterization of nano particles for electronic application by photo chemical method, -Japan cooperative science programme -10 lakhs (2007-2009)
3. Principal Investigator- Property enhancement of Silicone rubber/ Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer blends for cable applications by E beam Irradiation- SSN Trust –Rs 3 Lakhs(2010-2012)
4. Modernizing HV lab as an integrated Power System Lab – funded by All India Council of Technical Education , India, Rs. 19.51 lakhs(2012-2015)
5. A Novel fused converter for SPV wind hybrid systems for powering rural telephony-Ministry of New and Renewable energy, India, Rs 34 lakhs( 2015-17)
Doctoral Research Guidance:
1. K.N. Dinesh Babu,” A Novel grid connected solar photo voltaic systems”, University of petroleum and energy studies, Dehradun,India. Year of completion : August 2014
2. M.Subramoniam,” An efficient algorithm for early detection of arthritis”, SathyabamUniversity, India. Year September 2014
3.R.Deepalaxmi, ” High energy radiation investigations on polymeric materials”, Anna University, July 2015
4. P.Ganesan,” Satellite Image Processing Techniques”, Sathyabama University, September 2015
Google scholar citations: https://scholar.google.com/citations?view_op=list_works&hl=en&user=CnptqtwAAAAJ