Dr. N. Nallusamy
Dr. N. Nallusamy M.E., Ph. D
Dr. N. Nallusamy, Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering has 19 years of teaching and 5 years of research experience.
He received his B.E. degree from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore in 1992, in Mechanical engineering. He obtained his Post graduate degree, M. E. in Thermal Power Engineering with distinction, from Annamalai University, Chidhambaram in 1995 and Ph.D. in Thermal Energy Storage for solar heating applications from Anna University in the year 2007.
Before joining in SSN, he worked as lecturer in PSNA College of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul for about 5 years and then he joined Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering (SVCE), Sriperumbudur (One of the Premier Engineering institutions in Tamilnadu) in June 1997. He worked there till May 2012 and elevated from Lecturer to various positions including Professor and Head of the Mechanical Engineering Department. During his tenure at SVCE, he has conducted several conferences and workshops funded by various agencies. He was the instrumental person for the installation and commissioning of 35 NM3 bio gas plant using food and kitchen wastes in SVCE campus. Under his guidance the department obtained AICTE grant worth of 12 lakhs under MODROBS scheme for modernizing Thermal Engineering Lab in SVCE.
He has received CTS – SVCE Best Faculty Award – 2011 for the outstanding performance for the academic year 2010-2011. He has co-authored a chapter in the book titled “Alternative Fuels for Transportation”, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis group, 2011, New York. He obtained financial support for one UG level and one PG level projects from TNSCST under Student Project Scheme (SPS).
He has published over 10 research publications in refereed International and National Journals and 30 papers in National and International Conferences. He is Doctoral Committee Member for 6 PhD Scholars of Anna University and 2 scholars of SRM University, Chennai. He is a reviewer for Journal of Engineering science and Technology, Taylor’s University, Selangor DE, Malaysia.
He is Life member in Solar Energy Society of India (SESI), Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), and Indian Society for Heat and Mass Transfer (ISHMT)
He has guided one Ph. D. scholar and presently guiding 3 Ph.D. research scholars. He is currently working in the area of Thermal Energy Storage (solar energy storage) for heating and cooling applications & alternate fuels for I.C. engines.
He teaches the following subjects: Power Plant Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Heat and Mass Transfer, Thermodynamics and Renewable Energy Sources.
Technical papers published by Dr. N. Nallusamy, Professor / Mechanical Engineering
1. N. Nallusamy and P. Raghu, Experimental study on diesel engine and analysis the spray characteristics of diesel and biodiesel by varying injection pressure, Advanced Materials Research Vols. 984-985 (2014) pp 932-937; doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.984-985.932
2. N. Nallusamy and P. Raghu, Review Study on Spray Cone Angle in Diesel Engine Fuelled with Biodiesel and its Derivatives, Advanced Materials Research Vols. 984-985 (2014), pp 938-942, doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.984-985.938
3. N. Nallusamy and M. Gajendiran, Application of Solar Thermal Energy Storage for Industrial Process Heating, Advanced Materials Research Vols. 984-985 (2014) pp 725-729 doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.984-985.725
4. P. Raghu, S. Mukilan, R. Bharath Viswanath, Audithya Krishna and N. Nallusamy Experimental study on the spray characteristics of diesel and biodiesel (Jatropha oil) in a spray chamber, Jl. Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 768 (2013), pp. 180 – 187, doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.768.180
5. P. Raghu, K. Thilagan, M. Thirumoorthy, Siddharth Lokachari and N. Nallusamy, Spray characteristics of diesel and biodiesel in direct injection diesel engine, Jl. Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 768 (2013), pp. 173 – 179, doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.768.173
6. N. Nallusamy and Meenakshi Reddy, The Effect of PCM Capsule Material on the Thermal Energy Storage System Performance, ISRN Renewable Energy, Volume 2014, Article ID 529280, 6 pages; http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/529280.
7. N. Nallusamy and P. Raghu, Experimental study on spray characteristics of diesel and biodiesel (Jatropha oil methyl ester) for various chamber pressures in a constant volume chamber in Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Advances in Energy Research Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, 10-12 December 2013.
8. N. Nallusamy and P. Raghu, Experimental Study on the spray characteristics of diesel and biodiesel (Jatropha oil) in a spray chamber, International Conference on Energy Efficient Technologies for Sustainability – ICEETS’13, St. Xavier’s Catholic College of Engineering, Nagercoil, TN, India, April 10-12, 2013.
9. R. Deepak, Arjun Shyam Sundar and N. Nallusamy, Biodiesel as an Alternate fuel for CI Engines: A Review, ISIESMS 2013, Vickram College of Engineering, Madurai, TN, India, February 22-23, 2013.