Dr. Tanusree Sengupta
Dr. Tanusree Sengupta M.Sc, PhD
Dr. Tanusree Sengupta earned her Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Chemistry from Calcutta University. She then joined Bose Institute, Calcutta, to pursue her research with CSIR-NET fellowship. She received her PhD degree from Jadavpur University for her research work in the area of protein chemistry. She continued her research as a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case western Reserve University, Cleveland, USA. Later she joined the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA as a postdoctoral research associate. So far she has published 12 research articles all in peer reviewed international journals. She also has published 3 abstracts in international conference proceedings.
Current research interest:
- Protein structure and function
- Protein-lipid and peptide-lipid interaction by different spectroscopic techniques.
Professional recognition and awards:
- International travel award by International Society for Thrombosis and Hemostasis for presenting paper in the 63rd annual meeting held in Canada, June 2015.
- Awarded with DBT-BioCARe fellowship and research grant of Rs 45, 95, 322/- (2013-2016)
- Qualified Graduate Aptitutde Test in Engineering (GATE) (All India Rank : 85).
- Qualified National Eligibility Test conducted by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Government of India.
Professional Training And Research Experience
- DBT-BioCARe fellow: Dept.of Biotechnology, IIT Madras, Aug 2013-July 2016);
- Postdoctoral fellow: Dept. of Physiology & Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, USA; Nov 2007-April 2009;
- Postdoctoral research associate: Dept of Biochemistry & Biophysics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA; May 2009-March 2012;