Professor and Head of Department
Dr.V.E.Annamalai is a Ph.D. from IIT Madras, specializing in the areas of Metal cutting , Abrasive Processes ,Grinding, Materials Science and Ceramics.
· has around 12 years of Teaching, 3 year of Research and 16 years of Industrial experience.
· has guided 10 Masters and 2 Ph.D.level research work.
· has 35 Journal papers, 20Conference papers and 8 patents to his credit.
· Teaches Engineering Materials, Metallurgy and Metrology.
· Has served as Chairman of the Abrasive Sectional Committee of BIS.
Publications VeA 2009-2016
- T.D.Lavanya and V.E.Annamalai, The effect of dressing generated abrasive fines on the grinding process, International Journal of Abrasive Technology, 2009,Vol.2, No,4, pp.382-392, ISSN:1752-2641, Inderscience, DOI: 10.1504/IJAT.2009.029096, [0.5] http://www.inderscience.com/info/inarticle.php?artid=29096
- V.E.Annamalai, Developing and deploying your own rules of innovation, World Review of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development, 2010, Vol. 6, No.1/2, pp.35-49, ISSN: 1746-0573, Inderscience http://dx.doi.org/10.1504/WREMSD.2010.031637 [0.17]
- V.E.Annamalai, Effect of Interconnected pore Structure on Grinding Wheel Performance, International Journal of Advances in Machining and Forming Operations, 2010, Vol. 2, No.1 , pp.27-33, ISSN:0975-4784, International Science Press
- T.D.Lavanya and V.E.Annamalai, Design of an eco-friendly coolant for grinding using anti-bacterial additive, Intl. J. of Sustainable Design, 2010, Vol.1, No.3, pp.305-313, ISSN : 1743-8284, Inderscience DOI: 10.1504/IJSDES.2010.036974 , http://www.inderscience.com/info/inarticle.php?artid=36974
- V.E.Annamalai, From Knowledge To Money – An Industrial Perspective Of Knowledge Management, Journal of Knowledge Management Practice. 2010, Vol. 11, No. 4, ISSN 1705-9232,TLA , Canada, (The leadership Alliance Inc), http://www.tlainc.com/articl245.htm
- V.E.Annamalai, Managing knowledge in a process industry: some experiences and a framework, International Journal of Business Information Systems , 2011, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp.269-285, ISSN: 1746-0972, Inderscience, ,DOI: 10.1504/IJBIS.2011.039331 , http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1966320 [0.32]
- T.D.Lavanya and V.E.Annamalai, A performance simulator for grinding coolant evaluation, Industrial Lubrication and Tribology, 2012, Vol. 64, No. 4, pp.224 – 229, ISSN:0036-8792, Emerald Publishers, http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/00368791211232771 [0.46]
- V.E.Annamalai, Matrix ownership -a model for quality reliability in procurement, Int. Journal of Procurement Management, 2012, Vol. 5, No.1, pp.27-42, ISSN: 1753-8432, Inderscience, DOI: 10.1504/IJPM.2012.044152 http://www.inderscience.com/info/inarticle.php?artid=44152 [0.25]
- V.E.Annamalai, Strategies for managing product development during turbulent times, Proceedings of the International Conference on Sustainable Innovation and Successful Product Development for a Turbulent Global Market, edited by K.Chandrasekaran (ISBN: 978-981-07-8860-5) (conf dates-December 16-18, 2013, Chennai, India) http://rpsonline.com.sg/proceedings/9789810788605/index.html
- Arul Nicholas .T, V.E.Annamalai , Performance Evaluation of Natural Additives Coolant for grinding process , Proceedings of 2014 IEEE International Conference On Innovations in Engineering and Technology , (ISSN (Online) : 2319 -8753; ISSN (Print) : 2347 -6710) (conf dates 21st AND 22nd MARCH 2014 ) paper no.87, mechanical. http://www.ijirset.com/upload/2014/iciet/mech/33_1086.pdf
- Vinayakram.A and V.E. Annamalai, On The Use of Low Cost Sensors for Condition Monitoring Of Grinding Wheels , Proceedings of 2014 IEEE International Conference On Innovations in Engineering and Technology , (ISSN (Online) : 2319 -8753; ISSN (Print) : 2347 -6710) (conf dates 21st AND 22nd MARCH 2014 ) paper no.31, mechanical. http://www.ijirset.com/upload/2014/iciet/mech/87_camerareadypaper7.pdf
- R.Gowri Manohar, V.E.annamalai and A.K.Lakshminarayanan, “Investigation on spot weldability of Aluminium-interstitial free steel joints, Proceedings of 2014 IEEE International Conference On Innovations in Engineering and Technology , (ISSN (Online) : 2319 -8753; ISSN (Print) : 2347 -6710) (conf dates 21st AND 22nd MARCH 2014 )
- V.E. Annamalai, S. Kavitha and Sarah Ann Ramji, Enhancing the Properties of Ti6Al4V as a Biomedical Material: A Review, The Open Materials Science Journal, 2014, 8, 1-17 1 (ISSN 1874-088X/14 2014 Bentham Open) http://benthamopen.com/tomsj/articles/V008/1TOMSJ.pdf [0.42]
- Anandam Mallik, Anish, Diwakar, Chandrasekar and Xavier Kennedy, “Delayed Fracture of abrasive grains by bulk surface coatings”, Proceedings of International conf on Advances in Design & Manufacturing, held in NIT Trichy, during Dec 5-7, 2014.
- V.E.Annamalai, Arjun Hariharan, Vigneshram SK, Vinoth kumar C, Vivek Ananthakrishnan and Xavier Kennedy, “Development of an in-house test for nut integrity in F-Type wheels”, Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol.787 (2015), pp. 340-344.
- A.Shanmugasundaram, A.K.Lakshminarayanan and V.E.Annamalai, “Microstructure and tensile properties of friction stir and gas tungsten arc welded AZ91D magnesium alloy joints, Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol.787 (2015), pp. 470-474. 0.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.787.340 ISSN 1662-7482
- R.Archish, .K.Lakshminarayanan and V.E.Annamalai, “Optimum welding conditions for dissimilar spot friction joining of Aluminium-interstitial free steel joints.” Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol.787 (2015), pp. 396-400.
doi: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.787.396, Journal of Materials research and Technology, vol 4 (3), July -Sept 2015, pp 262-272. ISSN 2238-7854