Dr.P.Senthil Kumar B.Tech, PGDEAM, M.E., Ph.D
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Extension No: 441
B.Tech. (Chemical Engineering), University of Madras (16th rank), India, 1999-2003
P.G. Diploma (Energy Auditing and Management), SISI, India, 2003
M.E. (Environmental Engineering), Anna University (1st rank), India, 2004-2006
Ph.D. (Environmental Engineering), Anna University, India, 2008-2011
Dr. P. Senthil Kumar, Associate Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering, was born on 08th May, 1982 in Madurai, Tamilnadu, India. He has 9 years of teaching experience, 6 year of research experience and 1 year of industrial experience. He is a recognized Anna University Research Supervisor to guide Ph.D./M.S. candidates. Under his guidance, 9 Ph.D. scholars are doing their active research in the area of Waste Water Treatment and Alternative Fuels. He has published more than 85 research papers in highly reputed International Journals and 60 research papers in National/International Conferences. He has organized/attended many externally/internally funded conferences /workshops / seminars at national and international level.
Area of Specialization:
- Adsorption Separation Technology
- Activated Carbon
- Alternative Fuels
- Advanced Oxidation Process
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- CO2 sequestration
Honours and Awards Received:
- Received “PVR Young Scientist Award” from The Professor Venkatachalam Research Foundation, K.S.Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode during the International Conference on Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology which was held between 07-12-2015 and 10-12-2015. This award was given by the Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry 1988, Prof. Dr. Robert Huber.
- Received “Young Scientist Award” from Centre for Advanced Research and Design, Venus International Foundation (VIFRA 2015) for outstanding research activities in Environmental Engineering for the year 2015 (19th December 2015).
- Ph.D. work has highlighted in Nature India, Nature Publishing Groups (Title: Cashew nut shell mops up heavy metals, doi:10.1038/nindia.2012.25 Published online 22 February 2012; http://www.natureasia.com/en/nindia/article/10.1038/nindia.2012.25)
- Received SSN Best Researcher Awards for the years 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015.
- Received SSN Best Researcher Awards to motivate the B.Tech Chemical Engineering to publish their research projects in highly reputed international journals for the years 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 (Total Students Publications: 35+).
- Received CTS Best Teacher Award for the year 2013 – 2014 for the excellent performance in Academic and Research activities.
- Received SSN Best Teacher Awards for the academic years 2008-2009, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13 & 2013-14.
- Received Most Cited Authors Award for top cited article in the year 2010 and 2011 from Elsevier; Article Name: Adsorption of dye from aqueous solution by cashew nut shell: Studies on equilibrium isotherm, kinetics and thermodynamics of interactions, Desalination, Vol. 261 and 2010, pp. 52-60.
- Received Most Cited Authors Award for top cited article in the year 2011 and 2012 from Elsevier; Article Name: Adsorption behavior of nickel(II) onto cashew nut shell: Equilibrium, thermodynamics, kinetics, mechanism and process design, Chemical Engineering Journal, Vol. 167 and 2011, pp. 122-131.
- Received Best Paper Award for the research title “Experimental optimization for the adsorption of Zn(II) ions on surface modified Eucalyptus seeds: kinetic, mechanism, isotherm, thermodynamic and design approach” in an International Conference on Green Technology for Environmental Pollution Prevention and Control organized by Department of Chemical Engineering, NIT Trichy held during 27-29th September 2014.
- Secured Gold Medal in ME degree, 1rst rank in Anna University.
- Secured Gold Medal in UG degree, 16th rank in University of Madras.
- Secured Gold Medal in HSC Exams, School first.
- Secured GATE Score (361 & 90.32 percentile), All India Rank: 369 (Valid up to 2010).
- Won the runner place in district shuttle game at school level.
- Received Man of the Match Award in SSN-DABC Staff Cricket Tournament, 2014.
- Received Best Bowler Award in SSN-DABC Staff Cricket Tournament, 2014.
Research Project Details:
Title : Rapid Removal of Heavy Metal Ions from Water / Wastewater Using Newly Prepared Low-Cost Adsorbent
Funding Agency : SSN Trust
Investigators : Dr. P. Senthil Kumar (P.I) and Dr. K. Sathish Kumar (Co.I)
Duration : 2012 – 2013 (Completed)
Amount : 8.50 lakhs
Title : Novel Photo-catalytic Reactor for the Treatment of Industrial Effluents
Funding Agency : SSN Trust
Investigators : Dr. P. Senthil Kumar (Co.I) and Dr. R. Saravanathamizhan (P.I)
Duration : 2014 – 2017 (In Progress)
Amount : 2.50 lakhs
Membership in Professional Bodies:
- International Association of Engineers (IAENG) Membership Number: 63274
- Acting as an Associate Editor in Journal “Desalination and Water Treatment”
- Acting as an Associate Editor in Journal “International Journal of Biotechnology, Chemical and Environmental Engineering”
Member of the Review Panel for the following International Journals:
Water Research, Bioresource Technology, Process Biochemistry, Journal of Hazardous Materials, Chemical Engineering Journal, Desalination, Dyes and Pigments, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, Powder Technology, Colloid and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Technology, The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, Water, Soil and Air Pollution, Chemical Engineering Communications, Desalination and Water Treatment, Separation and Purification Technology, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Scientia Iranica Journal, RSC Advances, Polish Journal of Chemical Technology, Environmental Engineering and Management Journal, Clean-Soil, Air, Water, Nanoparticle Research, Environmental Progress and Sustainable Energy, International Journal of Environmental Science & Technology, Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, Journal of Material Sciences, Separation Science & Technology, Environmental Technology, Brazilian Journal of Chemical Engineering, The Chemical Industry and Chemical Engineering Quarterly, Indian Journal of Chemical Technology, Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, Journal of Nanomaterials, Journal of Environmental Sciences, The Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology, Textiles and Clothing Sustainability, Fibers and Polymers, etc.,
For Dr. P. Senthil Kumar Research Publications, Please visit: Google Scholar