EDC @ SSN
Entrepreneurship Development Cell
An entrepreneurial spirit can aid even the most academically accomplished student to go that extra mile in realising their dreams. Entrepreneurial skills are best inculcated from one’s student days onwards, and SSN firmly believes a complete education includes this kind of orientation. The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) at SSN Institutions was established with a vision of fostering innovation and promoting entrepreneurial skills among SSN students.
- To foster innovation and create an entrepreneurial culture in the institution
- To provide services including information and guidance to budding entrepreneurs
- To promote linkages with Industries and organizations that are engaged in promoting Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- To develop a strong network of entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, senior professionals and individuals directly or indirectly associated with entrepreneurship
- To educate enterprising students in the essentials of starting a business
- To organize Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps and Entrepreneurship Development Programs
- To organize guest lectures by trailblazing entrepreneurs
- To develop a resource centre gathering information about entrepreneurship and its various aspects
The National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN)
SSN is a member of The National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN), founded in 2002, by the Wadhwani Foundation. Co-founded by five of India’s premier academic institutions: IIT Bombay; IIM Ahmedabad; SP Jain Institute, Bombay; IBAB, Bangalore and BITS Pilani, NEN focuses on introducing a new paradigm in the entrepreneurship education in India. SSN joins hands with NEN to develop new entrepreneurs, who in turn will help drive the nation’s economic growth in the future.
Technology Business Incubator (TBI)
The Technology Business Incubator at SSN is an on-campus facility which leverages all the resources that are available within the campus such as access to laboratories, workshops, development and testing centers, computing resources, internet access and above all human resources. In addition to these resources, SSN also has a network of eminent professionals, academicians, bankers, venture capitalists and businessmen, who can extend support to these ventures.
The Business Incubator has been developed at SSNCE as an integral part of the college, to foster the idea of entrepreneurship and its integration with the creation of new ideas. This serves a launching pad for enthusiastic entrepreneurs with visionary ideas.
- Computing facilities with access to internet
- Common facilities such as phone lines, fax machine, laser printer etc.
- Newspaper and magazine subscriptions and access to the library facilities with a host of online access
- Conference room and secretarial support
- Advice from faculty on technology issues
- Interaction with successful entrepreneurs
- Discussions on problem-solving to maintain high motivational levels
Most of all, we believe that today’s students are tomorrow’s entrepreneurs and innovators. Our focus on grooming students for business success prepares them for success in the industry; it also helps create a new breed of leaders who will serve as the vanguard of the nation’s technological and economical growth.